1. My friend is moving and gave us a beautiful pottery barn lamp and rug for FREE. she’s always so generous.
2. While ordering an iced coffee at dunkin donuts, the cashier told me I looked beautiful.
3. A co-worker has been very engaged and helpful in my recent project at work and that has helped my stress levels enormously.
4. A lady on the bus didn’t have any more money on her CTA card, didn’t have any cash and was about to get kicked off the bus. I gave her a quick swipe on my card and then another one at the EL station so she could get to her job on time. She was so grateful.
5. No matter what Red is always there to give you kisses and cuddles. Unconditional love from your dog is the best.
6. I was walking home from the train the other day and the landscapers stopped their lawnmowers and leaf blowers to let me walk by peacefully. I was greeted with hellos and have a great day. It was refreshing.
7. My mom knit a beautiful sweater for baby malloy to go home in from the hospital, but it was a tad too big so she made another one. Just because she wanted to.
8. We received a really sweet Easter card in the mail from my in-laws. It’s always nice to get a written note in the mail. E-mail is overrated.
9. We babysat the other night for some good friends. The next morning I got a text from my friend that the boys loved having us over and that they had so much fun. I think we’re going to make a pretty good parent-team.
10. All the little and big things my husband does for me each and everyday. I don’t know what I’d do without him.
With all the negativity around us, it’s important to take a step back and remember all the good things.
How far along: 34 weeks
Stretch Marks: None yet - hoping it stays that way!
Belly Button in or out?: Pretty much flat at this point, not sure if it will ever “pop”
Sleep: I can not seem to get comfortable and when I do it seems like I’m having to get up to go to the bathroom. I can’t wait to sleep on my back and stomach again. This side to side thing is really starting to wear on my hips. Hopefully I can get some good sleep these last couple of weeks.
Best moment this week: Lots of good things going on this week! A Mariano’s grocery store complete with a juice bar, sushi bar, oyster bar and coffee bar opened up 2 blocks from our house. We’ve been waiting for this moment for a good 2 years! So excited to just bop in there after work to pick up whatever we need for dinner and to walk to the grocery store. The baby will soon be in tow with me and we’ll be walking back with a stroller full of groceries. :)
Worst moment this week: Lack of sleep and experiencing some round ligament pain. Also, frustrating to take busy public transportation and no one offers their seat for me. Kind of unbelievable, actually.
Miss Anything?: My clothes! I walk into my closet and admire all my beautiful clothes that I can’t fit into right now. It’s a challenge finding something to wear to work each day and feel like I wear the same thing almost every other day. I’m trying to avoid buying any more maternity clothes. My winter coat just about doesn’t fit and my spring jacket only snaps closed. Hopefully warmer weather is around the corner so I don’t need to wear jackets anymore!
Movement: All the time. This baby is very active. Big movements too that make my whole stomach shift and move. Makes me smile each time though.
Food cravings: Ice cream and anything spicy!
Anything make you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: ??? It’s a 50/50 chance!
Symptoms: Sore hips, lower back pain, round ligament pain, shortness of breath, just uncomfortable in general. Not sure how my stomach is going to get any bigger and harder at this point.
Happy or moody: Happy! :)
What I’m reading: Breastfeeding and Sleep training books.
Looking forward to: Meeting this little babe. I can’t believe my due date is only 6 weeks away. Time has flown by. Also excited for our rocker and stroller to be delivered. Once we get the rocker in the nursery, it will be pretty much be complete!